Terms and Conditions
By entering, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
- The Challenge is for IDEAStarter. The Challenge is run by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (“ATEED”).
- Entrants can enter individually or as a team as follows:
- By registering and completing the entry form available at www.ideastarter.co.nz (“the Website”) and submitting their Idea Details through the Website.
- By emailing the requested personal information and Idea Details entry to email@example.com
- By sending a hardcopy of their Idea Details to Ideastarter, ATEED, FREEPOST 236813, Private Bag 92330, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010.
- The Challenge commences on 1 March 2016 and ends on 2 May 2016, 5 pm. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Personal information: every entrant warrants that all personal information submitted is true, current and complete.
- Idea Details: every entrant warrants that to the best of their knowledge their Idea Details are new and original and not subject to any third party claim and that they own all intellectual property, trademark or any other ownership and/ or moral rights expressed in their Idea Details. ATEED reserves the right to remove or delete any entry and exclude the respective entrant immediately if it has reason to believe that the Idea Details would be in breach of a third party’s legal or moral right.
- The Challenge is open to young people between 15 and 24 years of age, who are NZ citizens or permanent residents and live in Auckland at the time of entry. A person or team can enter more than once and submit multiple entries, however only one entry per person or team is eligible to win a prize.
- ATEED reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions
B. Entries, selection and prize draw
- Entries will be judged in two categories: for entrants aged 15 – 18 years and entrants aged 19 – 24 years. Entrants are required to submit their Idea Details in the following formats: online form through the IDEAStarter website, video through the website, emailed Word or PDF documents or hard copy posted.
- All Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Potential for being “the next big thing”
- Communication of the idea
- Customer focus
- The winners will be selected by a panel of Judges and announced at the IDEAStarter summit. The winners’ name and school / tertiary institution (if applicable) will be published on the Website the same day. The winners will be contacted by email or phone as provided on their entry form.
- If a winner does not acknowledge receipt, cannot be contacted and/or is not available in person to accept the prize within 48 hours, ATEED will select another winner.
- ATEED’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prizes are not redeemable for cash, not transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If the Prize or part of the Prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), ATEED reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winners with a substitute Prize, either in full or in part.
- The information provided on the entry form will be used to contact the winners. In addition, the winners consent to ATEED using their names and suburb and school/ tertiary institution name (if applicable) for promotional purposes.
- All Entrants consent to their personal information being shared between ATEED and Auckland Council (Youth Connections) and that ATEED or Auckland Council may contact entrants in regards to future promotions or competitions. The winners also consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Challenge.
- The Entry forms will not be returned. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected. ATEED will contact all entrants to provide feedback on their submitted Idea Details. All Idea Details will be deleted or destroyed once feedback has been provided or if the entrant could not have been contacted to provide such feedback.
- The following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
- Anyone under the age of 15 or over the age of 24 at the time of entering the Challenge.
- Anyone not a permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand at the time of the prize draw.
- Anyone not living in Auckland at the time of entry.
- ATEED reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Challenge at its sole discretion. ATEED also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Challenge or won a prize by using fraudulent means.
- ATEED will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the winners as a result of or in connection with the Challenge or due to the prize won in the Challenge.
- ATEED reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Challenge.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.